Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gimmie an "A"

A blue-s- H N P1010198


Yeah Ashna! And of course, Reach for the Rainbow...three for three!

For the third year now, Gillian has attended Aquatics Day Camp with the help of a one-on-one support worker trained by Reach for the Rainbow. Every year I worry and fret about how a stranger will be able to care for Boo and whether or not Boo will be happy...and each year my worries are proved to be groundless.

Ashna was fabulous. She was very attentive to Gillian's needs (and moods) and did a wonderful job of integrating her into activities with the other campers. Gillian was different, but not differentiated...know what I mean?

Anyway, a great big thanks to Ashna and the rest of the staff at Reach for the Rainbow for making Gillian's summer that much brighter! Good luck at university next week!!

Not much knitting to report lately, I've been pretty busy with Back to School preparations, Gillian's camp and end of summer outings.

I have managed to make a false start or two with Bacardi from No Sheep for You, but I think I have my colour scheme down now. Surprisingly, it's mostly green with a bit of peach/coral for an accent. The knitting isn't that tricky, but most of the cardigan is knit in one piece and it does involve managing 6 colours, so it isn't the most portable project.

To fix that, I'm trying to come up with something to do with a few balls of Lily Chin's Chelsea. I have some denim blue and some charcoal, not enough for a sweater from either, but together they might work for a school pullover for Clare. I'm thinking stripes and stockingette...definitely a no-brainer.

Oh, we had an outing to the local mall this week. Here are Ellery and Clare making their best puppy eyes in the hopes of scoring a baby hedgehog.




They are ridiculously cute (the hedgies and the girls), but no dice.



For anyone else counting...9 more days!!

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I am not sure who's who but the girl with the pigtails looks a lot like you. They are both gorgeous girls.

I agree with you. No hedgehog would make it's way into my place either. Thankfully, that doesn't interest Joseph.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Chelle,
I'm so glad that Gillian had a good time at camp, Ashna proves that the universe was shining down on you.
That hedgehog was way cute but I draw the line at un-domesticated animals.
Wild animals were not meant to be in my house, I have been trying to evict the mice for years now!

See you Tuesday, I have dental surgery tomorrow.

Michelle

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm glad Gillian had a fun summer at camp. That hedge is just the cutest thing...my Dad had the Australian version in WWII...said he was really sweet. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home