Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Meh....

I'm getting close to done with the Josephine Top (finally, I just have to pick up and knit the cap sleeves) and have been trying to get something a bit more portable on my needles. It's late enough in the season that I should be working on autumn stuff, but the thought of a lapful of wool is too icky to bear in this heat, so I noodled around with the Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt from Interweave Knits.



Behold a test lace panel and a bit of the body of the shirt. It's OK and I do love the colour of the Patons Grace...but I don't love the way it's coming together. Again, it might be wearable, but not something I would love and to get through that much stockingette with mercerized cotton on teeny needles, you really need to feel the love.

So, frog pond...for the Tux...and I'm still looking for some late summer knitting.

Edited to add a snap of my Super 10 Cotton collection...snappy huh?

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry it didn't work out...georgous color though...I'm sure you can find something wonderful to make with that yarn. :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

is it varigated? I find that any time I'm not loving the yarn I add texture. It mixes the colour a bit. I'm in the same boat. I have a few things to finish off, but I'm been doing face cloths to keep me busy (sigh).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home