Thursday, June 28, 2007

68 Days Until


School is back in session.

How sad is that...counting the first day of summer vacation as the 68th day until the first day of the next school year. Obviously I'm a mommy, not a kid.

It's been a busy week or so and thanks to some random wonkiness with my camera, I have NO pictures to document any of it. I'm hoping to beg some photos from other school parents so that I at least have Clare's class play immortalized.

I did finish my teacher knitting...the Binary scarf (presented to Mr. M on a Heat Advisory day...) and a big pile of Mason Dixon Dishcloths, Doily Dishcloths and Linen Dishtowels. Unphotographed of course. My hands are killing me from so much cotton knitting on metal needles.

Last night, as part of a summer vacation celebration, I dug out the leaf drop stitch sweater that I was working on before the teacher-knitting crunch. Sure, it's mostly mercerized cotton, but the looser stitch, double stranding and teeny bit of vicose in the yarn seems to make it much easier on the hands than the kitchen cotton.

Scooting now, I have to finish up some reports related to our school fundraiser and if I hurry I can walk the kids over to the school and let them play in the playground while I "borrow" the school photocopier.

Ta

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I'm with you. In a way I can't wait for school to get back but I can't stand having to drive Joseph to and from school. I can't wait for high school when he will travel on his own. Did I just say that? On the one hand I can't wait, and on the other I'm petrified. That's why I'm a Gemini. Split, twins, you name it.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I don't know what to do with Alex this summer. I'm already pissed at him! He didn't get his report card because he owed $40 for a textbook he lost ages ago and kept throwing out the notes from his teacher. So when Jeremy asked him for it when he picked him up today, Alex played dumb. "I forgot it." HA HA! What did he think, that we'd go, "Oh well, that's okay!" I don't understand the 13-y-o brain. Jeremy had to march him in and pay for the book and we got the kid's report card. It makes my head hurt, Chelle! ;)

Right now he's at a little party one of the kids is having until 3pm.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Maggie, Ellery's friend's older brother is in Grade 8. He owed $120 for lost textbooks...$120!!!

That's a frickin' line item on my household budget!!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

sounds like my bf's girls. One is 12 the other 10. The 12 year old does stuff like that to; throws out notes, doesn't tell you about important things until the last minute. I'm so not looking forward to being trapped with them for 2 weeks at a cottage (how mean is that?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home