Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fini! Well, mostly...


This is a mostly finished object. It's Binary from Knitty and of course, my front garden.


I have to block it and finish the ends. It's a bit shorter than the original pattern, and since it's for a male teacher, I'm dithering about adding the fringe. Any opinions on the appropriateness of fringe for a 40-something man?

It took a bit longer to make than I anticipated, but since it is knit as a tube, you really are doing twice as much knitting as with a regular scarf. That, and my two-handed fair-isle technique is a bit rusty!


With respect to the other teacher gifts, I'm digging through stash for bits of kitchen cotton to test out some dishcloths from:



I really like this book! Frankly, the patterns really aren't anything that you couldn't suss out for yourself, but there are a lot of "why didn't I think of that" projects for the home that just seem so appealing when immortalized by Mason Dixon's photographer and stylist. I just wish that some of the yarns that authors like (such as Peaches & Creme and Euroflax) were more easily (ok, inexpensively) available in Canada.

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

I think I have a wack of Peaches&Cream I could be convinced to send your way. Let me double check!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your scarf came out fab. I'd nix the fringe though imho. :)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Bernat Handicrafter Cotton is available at Zellers - and I don't see any difference between it and P&C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home