Monday, November 26, 2007

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up...


Just when I thought that because the two days of nasal congestion had dissipated, I was officially on the mend, I was blindsided by some sort of viral nasty. Flu/cold/Ebola...I'm not sure, but it's ugly and it has my name all over it.

Since yesterday I've been barely able to drag myself from school to home and back...knitting is right out of the question...those needles are so heavy and it takes so much effort to focus on those stitches!

In the interest of conserving my strength for important activities, like taking Miss Elle to the dentist for a couple extractions tomorrow...I allowed the pizza place down the street to cater our evening meal. I'm probably not encouraging my kids to be compassionate human beings because equating maternal illness with pizza for dinner instead of broccoli has the effect of pairing my suffering with their delight. Ok, maybe I'm overanalyzing this.

I'm off to lie down again...see you

5 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I hope you are feeling better very soon.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger MezzoDiva said...

Oh, @#$%^&*!!! That's exactly how my month long flu started back in September. All regular activity ceased and any rashly attempted knitting was doomed.

If the nasty thing moves into your chest, please get yourself to a doctor for some meds - I didn't (foolishly), and then I had lingering bronchitis for weeks.

I wish you better better better... I found pots of ginger tea soothed me somewhat, esp. with a little honey in it.

Get well soon.
XOXO - R

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry you are under the weather. I'll send Reiki and good thoughts your way.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

Oh man, that sucks. But think about it this way . . .you're getting your sickness out of the way now and will healthy & happy at Christmas (so you can run around then).

Enjoy the break (if you can) and feel better soon!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

Aw - too sick to knit is just too sick! Feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home