Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wasting Away Again in Bacardiville


Between the record temperatures (90 degrees on Thanksgiving Day) which tended to put a damper on my knitting and the fact that I am terrified of the seaming required on the Bacardi, I have very little to show for the last couple weeks.

I have attached one sleeve on the Bacardi sweater. It's fairly tricky to seam it nicely and get the stripes to match up on the sleeve, front and back of the cardigan. I spent one entire evening seaming, ripping, reknitting the sleeve cap and re-seaming the first sleeve.

Since I am easily distracted, I did start Knitty's Everlasting Bagstopper with some Allhemp6. The bag looks great and it is a pretty quick knit, but I'm glad that I'm making a two skein project instead of a full sweater with the hemp. It's pretty hard on the hands. I'm told that it washes brilliantly and softens considerably with each soaking, but that isn't helping me now.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, that's Clare's photo of Ellery and Gillian enjoying the best part of Thanksgiving dinner... Pumpkin pie and Sugar pie. Note the classy whipped cream in a can.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

oh but it's so much fun! And less work to boot. Seriously who can knock whip cream in a can?

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sweater sounds like it will be lovely. MMMMMM pumpkin pie! I'm easily distracted too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home