Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Aftermath...and Superdogs!

Christmas...an orgy of presents and food. My parents arrived on Christmas Eve and my husband's brother and sister arrived Christmas Day (with their respective spouses/offspring/dog) for Christmas dinner...so the event is a busy blur of wrapping paper, gifts, food and drink. Oh and mess. Boxing Day was spent putting the house to rights. If I can find the photos that I took, I'll post something Christmasy this week.

Instead, I'll post about DH's surprise gift...tickets to the Superdogs tonight! Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure. I've been known to drag the pups to the CNE or Royal Agricultural Winter Fair JUST to see the Superdogs. Heck, I think that Clare and I were 2 of maybe 150 paying customers to see Daniel and the Superdogs in a theatre! (see ancient post) March 7, 2005.

Anyway, DH surpised E, C and I at lunch today with tickets to the Superdogs show in Oshawa tonight. Here we are:



Note the blue thing in the foreground? That's the rail...yeah baby...front row seats!!



Clare invited her closest, similary dog-obsessed friend Julia to come with us!



Here are the girls at the "Celebrity Dog Meet and Greet" after the event



Ellery was smitten with a weiner dog...and his 11 year old handler was quite taken with Ellery. (with three daughters this is pretty much gonna be my life for the next decade or so, right?)

Not much knitting to report. I'm a bit ahead on my knit-disabling hand/finger injury this year. A couple years ago I burnt my finger on a baking tray and last year I logged several hours in an ER getting a kitchen knife-related middle finger injury stitched up. This year I figured I'd beat the January rush and injure myself on Christmas Eve. I took Haley out for a walk and managed to slip and fall on some ice. Falling would have been bad enough, but I caught myself with my arm stretched out behind me and now it hurts from my thumb to the nape of neck...with no painless points in between.

When I do rally, I'm a handful of finishing seams and a collar away from a finished object for Clare! Stay tuned!

5 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better already and not in so much pain.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh man...that sucks. Your poor arm!

Chelle, your girls are so beautiful, you're in trouble. :) I like Ellery's long hair!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Sorry about your arm :(
Super Dogs looks like it was probably alot of fun though!!

And you are in trouble!! your girls are beautiful, I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat. The boys are just around the corner...yikes!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

Ouch! Sounds like you pulled something good. Hope you feel better soon (take it easy for a while)!

Happy New Year!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger The Decider said...

Dear Blogger:

This is for your information and is not intended as a spam post.

Find out how you can promote your blog and/or website for free (really!) at:

http://college-scholarships.com/free_website_promotion_program.htm

You'll learn how I achieved #1 rankings for my websites in Google, Yahoo, and MSN.


The program is absolutely free and it really works.

See the proof at:

http://college-scholarships.com/free_website_promotion_program.htm

Best Wishes,
Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home