Friday, May 16, 2008

A Little Late for Mother's Day

I don't usually post pictures of myself on this blog. This has less to do with perceived issues of internet security than a deeply rooted belief that I photograph badly. But an old friend was housecleaning recently and sent me a photo from his wedding (back in 1992) K and J were married six weeks after DH and I wed and this was a candid shot from the reception. (I will add that the wedding had a "costume" theme and my unusual attire is not attributable to questionable taste on my part.)




Again, technically, not a great picture, but an interesting one. Interesting because anyone who knows my family will look at the photo and say...OMG that's Pierrette. Pierrette is my mother and while for the most part, I don't think that we greatly resemble each other (my mother's family is French Canadian and for the most part dark and petite, while I favour the big-boned ruddiness of my father's Irish relatives)...in that photo, we are dead ringers.

Edited to add the best picture of my mother that I could find...in profile and at a similar age to me in my photo. (That's Uncle B and Aunt D left and centre.)



Oh, and a finished object...another of the mesh shopping bags.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great photo! I kept thinking it would make a wonderful cameo! Your bag is really cute too...love the two tone! :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Love the photo!!! Spiffy shopping bag too!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that's Pierette.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home