Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally Some Knitting Pics

All WIP, nothing finished yet, but at least my near three weeks of sickpup tending has given me an opportunity to catalog some progress (if not actually create much progress).

Here is the mosaic baby blanket. It is slow as molasses to knit and at the end of the day, I'm afraid it greatly resembles a really fancy dishtowel. Hopefully some elaborate edging will lessen the kitchen-y appearance!



The Central Park Hoodie...sleeves completed, but not yet attached. I'm down to the edging and seaming, so it's pretty near completion.



And this, the beginnings of the mohair cardigan for Ellery. I think I get bonus points for knitting this under adverse conditions. I cast on for the back ruffle (400+ stitches) in a moving car while DH drove the pups and I for yet another visit to the pediatrician. (I'm so sorry I no longer own stock in pharmaceutical companies...my kids are drinking antibiotics as if they were Kool-Aid) The rest of the ribbing I knit in a movie theatre. C'mon, dark movie theatre, plum coloured mohair ribbing...it's a bit impressive.

About the movie, E and C were feeling better and getting a bit stir-crazy after being cooped up for all of March Break, so I took them (and a couple friends) to see Horton Hears a Who. In fairness, it was more watchable than many of the films that I have taken the girls to over the years, but I always bring my knitting as a precaution.


Gillian is a few days behind her sisters in the microbial attack. She stayed home, watching TV in mum and dad's room with her dog.



FWIW, Back to School Monday is only 59 hours away.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger kimbelina said...

The baby blanket is gorgeous! I love the colours. What yarn are you using for the Central Park Hoodie?
Hope the girls feel better soon.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the blanket! I don't think it looks dish-towley at all. The hoodie is looking good. I'm sorry everyone has been so sick and hope that you are all on the mend soon. :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will join the crowd and profess my love for the mosaic baby blanket.
And I will even go a step further to ask for the pattern!

I have just the right area where it could take pride of place. All I need is a bit of direction for where to find the pattern.

Thanks,
Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home