Friday, February 08, 2008

I Winned


I was Elizabeth's 100,000th visitor and look at what she is sending me as a reward...


Isn't it lovely...plum coloured mohair! I'm guessing that when it arrives, Ellery will pounce on it, after all purple is HER colour. It might make a nice cardigan to go over dressier outfits...hmmmm

Knitwise, I'm still slogging away at the Noro Kujaku scarf...the end is in sight...

And I did make it out (despite a series of snowstorms that have earned us three "snowdays" in the span of a week) to Knitty's Roundtable Yarn Tastings. It was a great chance to check out the newly opened Purple Purl and sample some yarns that aren't even in stores yet.

Oh, Dh and Boo finished painting Boo's room...Agent Orange


Gilly painted Haley too...



It's bright, but the room is starting to take shape and Gilly seems very pleased with the results. I guess that isn't surprising, Gilly's first love (and first word before language regression) was...



Ojo from Bear in the Big Blue House. Gilly never really had an interest in the show, but she loved Ojo so much and so violently with "love bites" that we went through half a dozen before she reached the age of 4!



Boo and Ojo...just before diagnosis...


And Boo's Ojo chair, modelled by Clare and Mimi the WonderPoodle. It's really a Papasan chair covered in orange fun fur, but it's Gilly's retreat.




Anyway, the orange is in place and Boo likes it an that's really all that matters...

7 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Congrats on winning! It's nice Boo gets a new look to her room too! :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Haley said...

Hey 'Chelle! I've been thinking of you, just wanted to check in xox H p.s. let me know if you need a mohair pattern. i've got a couple for nice pullovers.

xox H

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats - it's a great colour!!!

She loves the colour and it's not too dark to paint over easily enough in a few years if she outgrows it/changes her mind. Amanda's room is a nice bright green with darker bright green trim and pink/yellow/orange/green flower wallpaper trim around the walls mid-way up. She & I love it - Kerwyn not so much but he loves her. LOL

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You WON!! That is so COOL!! I love to win, and seldom do.

I love that picture of little Gilly!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger kimbelina said...

I love the orange! And congrats on winning!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

Congratulation on winning. Being a purple gal myself I love the colours. I can't wait to see what it will become. The orange looks good and you're right Boo's liking it is really all that matters.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Has it been a week yet? Did it arrive? Must be getting there soon. Unless the customs people are messing with us, which happens from time to time, I hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home