Friday, February 15, 2008

Testing, Testing...1, 2, 3 Testing



I'm testing a new camera. On Wednesday night, I tried to photograph Gillian's Valentine's Day treats for her classmates. Gilly and I baked some fancy cupcakes and decorated them with a selection of candies, then placed them in protective sleeves on pink plates, where we covered them with large sheets of aluminium foil and shaped them into giant Hershey's kisses. We even made little paper tapes for the top with "Happy Valentine's Day, hugs Gilly"...on them. They did turn out pretty cute if I do say so myself.

You will have to take my word on that, because when I tried to photograph the little beauties I discovered that one of my offspring (who shall remain nameless, but is very surprisingly NOT Gillian) killed the digital camera. Normally, I could fathom a life, however meaningless without a digital camera, but it's my parent's 50th Anniversary party this weekend and the ability to snap a few pictures seemed called for.

Anyway, DH and Clare went out this morning and picked out a new digital camera. DH is a camera afficianado and understands phrases like "film speed" and "F-stop", but I wanted a camera that I could toss in my handbag, snap pictures without "fiddling" with anything and not have to specifically include on my homeowner's insurance policy.



Here it is...the PowerShot A570IS. Pretty simple, way more features and much better pictures than the old camera...and it costs about one quarter as much...ouch! Amazing what 7 years does to digital camera techonology!




Very little knitting to report...I finished Clare's multidirectional scarf and am slogging away at the Central Park Hoodie and a Baby Blanket. Both are pretty large projects not suited to lap knitting, so I need to put something more portable on my needles...but not socks...

More pictures after the party...

3 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Ooh, nice photos! Both girls, Clare and Haley, look lovely.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelle,
My DD did the SAME THING to my camera last year!! It's a great way to get a technology upgrade. Your pix look really great! See you tonight!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Beautiful daughter, gorgeous dog. Darn digital cameras. I've killed 3 if it makes you feel any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home