Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Comparative Interior Decorating

Not too much knitting to report...the baby blanket that I'm working on is slow as molasses in January (smallish needles + mosaic pattern = tedium...quelle surprise)

I've found a couple patterns for Ellery's mohair cardi. Both of these are Sublime patterns:

Little Whisper...


And Angelique...


It's funny, but at Ellery's age, both the largest of the little girl sizes and smallest of the ladies sizes pretty much fit with only minor alterations. Personally, I'm leaning towards the ribbed cardigan, mostly because it breaks my heart to see the gusto with which Ellery knots her wrapped hand-knit sweaters.

In case you were wondering how painting weekend turned out, here are a couple "after" shots of the girls' rooms.

Ellery's room in all of its purple glory (gory?...Ed.) Despite appearances, the room is actually a bit tidier than its usual condition.



Gillian's room in Agent Orange. The large navy rectangle on the wall is a temporary curtain while the orange and white awning stripe curtains sit waiting on my sewing machine. That's Nemo lying across Gillian's pillow...our decorating inspiration.



And finally Clare's room. Interesting contrast in decorating style and relative tidiness to the sisters' rooms. Sort of looks like a room at the Sheraton.

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I'm partial to the purple. Big surprise eh?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

The beds look so cozy. I kind of want to go to bed right now, seeing them all warm and blankety.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

WOW, they do all have very different tastes! I sort of like the Nemo look! Although I wonder if it might distract me a little when it came time to actually sleep. Clares bed look so COMFY!!

So when do you get to redecorate your room? LOL

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The rooms all look great! I love everyone's personal touches. I guess I should do that for my son...can you say Power Ranger Red? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home