Thursday, March 06, 2008

We Almost Made It...

Through the winter without major pup illness...



But no...

Gillian was home for two days last week with a mystery something and Clare started complaining that she didn't feel well last Saturday. She has been living on the couch, not eating and barely drinking fluids since then.

Ellery, out of solidarity, left school early yesterday claiming illness. Since Elle has missed Hot Chocolate Day and a School Dance, I'm inclined to believe that she is also genuinely unwell. I am spending my time fluffing pillows and forcing juices down small gullets and not doing much knitting.

Since Clare has been coughing herself silly for 5 days now, I figured it was time to see the pediatrician (antibiotics and cough suppressant were her recommendations) and since we were in the neighbourhood, I stopped by Haley's Knitomatic to pick up some extra yarn for the baby blanket project. Clare, being under the weather and all, scored this:




Which would make a perfect convalescing hobby if only I could help her get started...oh well, I'll figure it out tonight while she is in bed and we'll try again tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to putting all the sickies to bed tonight and sitting down with a cold "adult beverage" and my new fave snack food...





wasabi peas!

Completely delicious...crunchy, salty and a delightful horseradishy-burn that sears your sinuses! Now, if they were only calorie-free they'd be perfect!

6 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Melody said...

I so completely and totally know your pain of the sick children. I hope they are all better soon, at the same time, so that you can get some knitting done. Having finally gotten everyone back to school myself, the snow that is threatening their school day tomorrow is really ticking me off!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't let you drink alone - I'll have an adult beverage with you!! I hope that they're all better in time to enjoy/let you enjoy March Break!

Wasabi peas. I haven't tried them but since they're vegetables they don't have calories. Do they?

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh, I'm sick too! Send the girls my sympathy (and you as well, of course, but be careful not to catch it yourself!). I almost made it through this winter season without a cold. I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad. At least I can still spin and knit!

When's March Break for you guys? Alex had his last day today.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Melody said...

I'm sorry that you're sick too, that sucks. No snow day for mine, just a delay...YEAH!!!! Our spring break is the week of the
17th, so just one week to go, and they'll be going to Grandma's for most if not all of that...I'm so lucky!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I'm so sorry to hear the girls are sick. There is some nasty bug going around. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry the kids are sick! Sending you warm chicken soup thoughts. ...and I just adore wasabi peas...yummmmmy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home