Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekend Fun...

First a finished object...it's Elle's mohair cardigan made from the luscious purple mohair that I won on Elizabeth's blog contest last spring!




As you can see, Elle was full of pre-teen 'tude and not in any mood to be photographed.



Clare and Gillian's birthday is a couple of weeks away and with scheduling issues and whatnot Sunday was selected for their lunch with Uncle B and Aunt G birthday outing. My SIL and BIL live in a fabulously urban home downtown and do way cooler stuff than we do, so this weekend is pretty special for the girls. This Sunday's theme was "dining on seafood" and hitting Toronto's Doors Open festival. Tres interesting and of course the girls scored some goodies from Fabricawakuwaku

Aren't they cute?




Frankly, I'm stunned that SIL and BIL got Elle to try an oyster...perhaps my little "Chicken-a-terian" is branching out in her old age. But then again, near famine conditions at camp over the long weekend did force her to consume (drumroll) her first ever hamburger. For Elle, that was a real Fear Factor moment.

The birthday lunch was a kick in the pants to me to start thinking about C and G's birthday gifts and curiously enough, this weekend was the launch date for this:



The Wii Fit! Definitely a good fit giftwise for Clare...but while I was out trying to acquire one, I was met with the same knee-slapping snorts of laughter from salesclerks that greeted me days after our major snowstorm when I tried to locate a snowshovel at Canadian Tire. Most places stopped taking names for restocked items within an hour of the initial lots selling out.

Anyone got a spare Wii Fit??

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a cute cartigan 'tude and all! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Good luck on getting Wii Fit...we preordered...it is a lot of fun! :)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Wow, and to think that my not yet pre-teen will only get more attitudinal. Lucky, lucky me. Love the sweater and the cute little animal thingies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home