I am petitioning to rename "Via Diagonale"..."Molasses", cuz it's as slow as molasses in January!
Here is my progress to date, after some pretty serious knitting.
Still 1.5 inches from completion. I shouldn't be surprised, the slipped stitches over two rows cause the knitting to be very vertically compressed (?) and the gauge does state 11 rows per inch on 4 mm needles! (Another way of looking at it, almost 200 stitches per row and about 100 rows to complete a medium-sized bag.)
I'm pretty happy with the appearance of the bag. If I don't botch the I-cord or the gussetting, it should look very nice.
On other, more instantly gratifying fronts, I am ready to stich the flower to the front of the Flower Power Bag that I'm putting together for the school fundraiser.
As an aside, I am once again in the running for Worst (or at least most neglectful) Mother in the World.
Gillian's teacher called me today at recess. Her assistant was getting the kids ready to go outside when she noticed that "Gilly had no knickers!!". Yikes! (FWIW, Gilly started the school year off with a demonstrated tendency to remove articles of clothing both at school and on the school bus. The teachers and I have worked hard to eliminate this behaviour and Mrs. C was giving me a "heads up" that the "stripping" might have returned!)
Crisis (or at least public humiliation) was avoided as I always send a complete change of clothing to school with Gillian in her backpack. I did search the van and house after Mrs. C called. I found the offending garment in the wastebasket of the bathroom, so technically, although I dressed Gilly appropriately this morning, I did send her to school "commando".