for me at least is that they are finished!!
Warning: If you are my SIL...look away!
It's my nephew's Christmas present! It's part of a theme...the girls brought home an adorably soft Tigger toy for C from our Disney trip and I knit a Tigger sweater to go with it.
from Bees Knees Knits
. I fell in love with the self-striping sock yarn/toddler sweater combinations when Devan
first appeared in Knitty a couple years ago. I just had to wait for someone of an appropriate size to show up!! Thanks nephew C.
The sleeves are Opal Sock Yarn in Tiger and the body of the sweater is Jawoll Sock Yarn Cotton in a deep, slightly heathered charcoal colour. Thanks Haley at Knitomatic...
for selecting the colour for me. Once again, my first instinct (in this case a flat black) would have been totally wrong for this project. I appreciate your gentle suggestion for a softer shade.
I didn't tinker with the pattern that much this time. I did simplify the ribbing on the sweater body and sleeves (simple 1 X 1 ribbing without contrasting colour), but other than that, I made the pattern as written. FWIW, the patterns are very clear and spell out specific techniques for things like decreasing etc. when they are important for the appearance of the project. Gotta love that!
Anyway, one down...cast on something new. Gillian has a knitted toggle coat from the consignment store (I desperately needed something for her to practice "buttoning" with and EVERYTHING in the stores this year has a zipper.) that is flattering, but not a perfect fit in the sleeves. The pattern is VERY simple with lots of straight knitting, so I figured that careful measurements and gauge squares, plus a bit of math should allow me to duplicate the garment using some bulky acrylic stuff I have on hand.
This is similar to the sweater that I'm trying to duplicate:
In other knitting news, I'm almost done my first Fleece Artist Sock.
and...notice the WIP bars on the side of the blog. I'm pretty proud of them, even if they don't line up correctly!